Signs That Air Ducts Need Cleaning
Now that you have a better understanding of what contaminants can be contained in your air duct system and why it is so important to have them cleaned, how do you know when to clean your air ducts. It is recommended that you have your air ducts cleaned every 2-5 years, or if you have recently purchased a new home, it is a good idea to have the air ducts cleaned before moving in especially if the house sat vacant for a while. If you are unsure if or when your air ducts were cleaned below is a list of some common signs it’s time to have them cleaned.
• Air Smells Bad- If you notice a foul smell or odor in the air inside your home, it may be an indication that your air ducts need to be cleaned.
• Debris Buildup on Air Registers- If you notice the exterior of the register cover has a buildup of dust and debris, this is an indicator that your air ducts need to be cleaned.
• Dirty Air Filter- If you routinely change your air filter and you notice there is excessive dirt and material buildup on your HVAC filter then this is an indication that your air
• Dirt or Debris Inside Vents- An easy way to check to see if you need to have your air ducts cleaned is to remove a vent cover and look inside, if you see dust and debris then it is time to have your air ducts cleaned.
• Dirty Furnace Fan- If you see a buildup of dust on the furnace fan and motor then it is time to have your air ducts cleaned.
• Dirty Air Conditioning Coil- Another indicator that your air ducts need to be cleaned is if you see a buildup of dust on the air conditioning coil.
It is essential to keep your air ducts clean not only to keep contaminants out of your home and keep the air quality better; it will also keep your HVAC system running longer. Many of the indicators that your air ducts need to be cleaned is by a buildup of dust and debris in and on various working components of the system, this buildup will cause your HVAC system to work harder putting a strain on the system. If your HVAC system has to work too hard, it will lead to costly repairs, loss of use, and the possibility of having to replace the whole system. The last thing you want when the temperature outside is 5° is to have your heating system fail because you did not have it properly cleaned.
Call Air Duct Cleaning in Minnesota today and schedule a consultation and estimate to have your air ducts cleaned. It is much cheaper to take the time to have your air ducts cleaned, and then it is to have an entire system replaced.