How to Avoid Air Duct Cleaning Scams
Unfortunately, there are predatory companies out there looking to make a quick profit from scaring homeowners into purchasing their air duct cleaning services. Homeowners are often scared into having these predatory companies clean their air ducts as they claim the homeowner has mold, vermin droppings, or other toxic substances in their HVAC systems as a scheme to extort money out of unsuspecting homeowners. These scare tactics can be extremely effective because who wants to expose their family to potentially deadly toxins? The predatory company will then perform a less than thorough air duct cleaning often creating more problems than they solved and take your money and disappear. At Air Duct Cleaning in Minnesota we want to make sure the residents of Minnesota do not fall prey to these predatory air duct cleaning companies and below are some signs that the company trying to sell you air duct cleaning service is not legitimate:
• Claim to be a member of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) but have no proof. You can look up legitimate members on the NADCA’s website under Find A Professional Directory.
• Push you to decide on the spot, so you do not have time to do any research.
• Offer extremely low prices. Air duct cleaning usually costs between $300-$1000 depending on the size of the building being cleaned.
• Will insist on selling you unnecessary services like yearly air duct cleaning. While many people choose to have their air ducts cleaned every 3-5 years, the Environmental Protection Agency or EPA only recommends having your air ducts cleaned on an as-needed basis such as visible mold growth, air ducts are infested with pests or vermin, or they are clogged with dust and debris.
• Refuse to show you proof of the problems they want to fix.
• Refuse to provide you with an address and telephone number.
• Refuse to provide you with any references from past clients.
It is sad that there are predatory companies out there looking to profit by scaring homeowners into purchasing services they do not need. At Air Duct Cleaning in Minnesota, we are more than happy to provide you with proof of memberships, certifications, references, proof of bond and insurance. We will also provide you with a free written estimate including pictures and give you time to think and the option to have the service scheduled for a later date. Air Duct Cleaning in Minnesota puts clients first, and we offer a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee so call us at (888) 449-9776 or visit our website today.